The Securities and Exchange Commission today released the agenda for the inaugural meeting of the Fixed Income Market Structure Advisory Committee, which will be held on January 11, 2018 beginning at 9:30 a.m. ET. The Commission established the advisory committee to provide a formal mechanism through which the Commission can receive advice and recommendations on fixed income market structure issues.
The January 11 meeting will focus on bond market liquidity issues, and will also cover certain administrative items. The meeting will be held at the SEC’s headquarters at 100 F Street, N.E., Washington, D.C., and is open to the public. The meeting will be webcast live on the SEC’s website, www.sec.gov, and will be archived on the website for later viewing.
Members of the public who wish to provide their views on the matters to be considered by the Fixed Income Market Structure Advisory Committee may submit comments either electronically or on paper, as described below. Please submit comments using one method only. Information that is submitted will become part of the public record of the meeting.
Send an e-mail to email@example.com
Send paper submissions in triplicate to Brent Fields, Secretary, Securities and Exchange Commission, 100 F Street, N.E., Washington, D.C. 20549-1090.
All submissions should refer to File Number 265-30, and the file number should be included on the subject line if e-mail is used.
* * *
9:30 a.m. – Remarks by Chairman Clayton, Commissioner Stein, Commissioner Piwowar, Director, Division of Trading and Markets, Brett Redfearn, and Committee Chairman, Michael Heaney
10:00 a.m. Review and Consideration of Proposed Bylaws
10:10 a.m. Bond Market Liquidity Conditions Research
- Michael Heaney, Committee Chairman (Moderator)
- Kevin McPartland, Head of Market Structure and Technology Research, Greenwich Associates
- Jeff Meli, Co-Head of Research, Barclays
- Sonali Theisen, Global Head of Market Structure and Data Strategy, Global Credit & Securitized Markets, Citigroup
10:55 a.m. Break
11:10 a.m. Market Participant Perspectives on Bond Market Liquidity
- Brett Redfearn, Director, Division of Trading and Markets (Moderator)
- Paul Jakubowski, Global Head of Credit, Vanguard
- Drew Mogavero, Head of US Flow Credit Trading, Barclays
- Richie Prager, Head of Trading, Liquidity and Investments Platform, BlackRock
- Jim Switzer, Global Head of Credit Trading, Alliance Bernstein
12:15 p.m. Lunch Break/Administrative Session
1:45 p.m. FIMSAC Members and Panelists Discussion of Bond Market Liquidity
3:00 p.m. Break
3:15 p.m. FIMSAC Members Discussion of Bond Market Liquidity
4:00 p.m. Discussion of Committee Next Steps, Future Meeting Topics and Subcommittees
4:30 p.m. Adjournment